Full-Time Registered Nurse Progressive Care Full time Nights Texas Health Bedford 4095
Texas Health HEB seeks to hire a Registered Nurse to work Full Time in the Progressive Care Unit.
The address is: 1600 Hospital Parkway Bedford, TX 76022
Salary range is Min. $26.50/hr. to Max. $50.40/hr. – based on relevant experience
- 7P-7A with rotating weekends and holidays
Texas Health HEB is the only hospital in Northeast Tarrant County designated as a Level III Trauma Unit. The hospital is certified by The Joint Commission for Chest Pain and Heart Failure and as a Primary Stroke Center.The Progressive Care Unit has 28 total beds, renal, neuro, heart failure, DKA, respiratory failure with state of the art resources and equipment. Our Progressive/Intermediate Care Unit RN’s provide care to patients that require close monitoring and frequent assessments that proactively manage life-threating/emergent situations. If you are PCU RN that is proficient in computer monitoring equipment, excels in patient care, seeking a team where you can learn and grow then you belong here. We have the Nursing Career Advancement Program and a very strong Unit Based Council. Texas Health also covers one job applicable initial certification and renewal. The Progressive Care Unit has a scheduling committee that ensures self-scheduling is fair and just within the unit – while having a UBC that is robust and very involved in process improvements.
The essential job duties of this position are:
Delivers care to patients utilizing the Nursing Process
• assesses the patient
• plans the care of the patient
• intervenes as appropriate
• evaluates the effectiveness of interventions
• Incorporates age specific safety/infection control measures into patient care.
• Initiates action to meet patient and/or significant others need for information
• Maintains continuity of patient care inter-shift, inter-hospital, and while expediting out of hospital transfers
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• Associate’s Degree Nursing RNs hired after January 2017 require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date. RNs hired between January 2014 and December 2016 require completion of BSN within 3 years of start date. Req
Bachelor’s Degree Nursing preferred
• (Required) 1 year of experience as a clinical nurse or completion of an RN residency program Required.
- (Preferred) 2 years of step down, progressive care, cardio, cardio tele, observation, or intensive care experience in a hospital setting
- Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of nursing upon hire.
• Current ACLS/BLS
• CPI training 60 days req.Skills
• Good computer skills using a medical management application.
• Possesses a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
- Serve as a role model, be an intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and a coordinator for quality patient care.
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment is required.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford is a 296-bed, acute-care facility serving Northeast Tarrant County since 1973. With more than 550 physicians on its medical staff, hospital services include outpatient surgery, women’s services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a dedicated oncology unit and cardiac rehabilitation. Texas Health HEB recently received a dual accreditation as a Cycle IV Chest Pain Center and Heart Failure Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, is certified as a Primary Stroke Center and a designated “Baby Friendly” facility by WHO and UNICEF. Our location brings the best of suburban living, offering you the benefits of convenience and solid career opportunities.
Texas Health Highlights
- 2018 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (4th year in a row)
- 2018 Becker’s Healthcare “150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” (4th year in a row)
- 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Apply here: https://www.click2apply.net/Na61wZHkK5OgtgXduq6qE