Full-Time RN Registered Nurse Cardiac ICU Nights Dallas Texas
Come join our expanding units!
RN/Registered Nurse Cardiac ICU
Full Time Nights
Texas Health Dallas
**Sign-On Bonus – $10,000.00 for all full time ICU openings**
Come join the Critical Care Nursing Team as a Registered Nurse Cardiac ICU at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas, a MAGNET facility!
The address is 8200 Walnut Hill Ln, Dallas, TX 75231
Salary Range: $26.50 – $50.82/hour, commensurate with working experience
Schedule : Full Time 7 PM -7 AM for a total of 36 hours a week with some weekends and holidays
The Cardiac ICU is a 24-bed intensive care unit that has that specialize in Cardiac and Vascular advanced surgical procedures. Our ICU Units are located in the Hamon Tower, the largest expansion in the hospital’s history which opened in 2009. Our intensivist program puts the care of ICU patients under the guidance of board-certified critical care physicians, who directly oversee patient care in the ICU throughout the day. Physicians are available 24 hours. Critical care nurses, nurse practitioners and physician assistants – all trained in critical care medicine – help provide care in the ICU around the clock. The staffing is dependent by acuity, normally 2 patients to 1 nurse
Qualifications The ideal Registered Nurse Cardiac ICU candidate will possess the following qualifications :
• Associate’s degree in Nursing (ADN) required;
• BSN preferred. RNs hired after January 2017 require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date
• Other – CLIAFE Must comply with CLIA regulations regarding foreign education equivalency Req
• One-year critical care nursing experience, or completion of an RN residency program in a critical care setting required • Cardiac ICU experience strongly preferred
• Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire.
• RN must practice within the regulations of the Texas Nurse Practice Act, serve as a role model, intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and coordinator for quality patient care
• RN – Registered Nurse Upon Hire Required
• BCLS – Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire Required (Expiration date greater than 3 months preferred)
• ACLS – Advanced Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire Required (Expiration date greater than 3 months preferred)
• CPI – Crisis Prevention Intervention Training 60 Days required
• The professional registered nurse exhibits understanding of basic human needs.
• T he professional registered nurse demonstrates an appreciation of unique meanings by:
active listening and exemplifying a non-judgmental attitude
• The professional registered nurse demonstrates recognition and understanding of patient’s affiliations.
• Perform other duties as assigned
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Dallas is a 900-bed MAGNET-designated hospital, a Level II Major Trauma facility, the first hospital in Dallas to achieve chest pain center accreditation from the Society of Chest Pain Centers and recipient of the American Heart Association’s Mission: Lifeline Silver Quality Achievement Award. We are a top-notch choice in North Texas for cancer care, cardiology, emergency medicine, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women’s services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit.
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• Fortune’s list of Best Workplaces in Health Care (#1): https://fortune.com/best-workplaces-health-care/2020/
• “Best Workplaces(TM) for Diversity” by Fortune and Great Place to Work® (5 th year in row): https://fortune.com/best-workplaces-for-diversity/2019/
• Great Place to Work’s Best Workplaces in Texas™ 2020: https://www.greatplacetowork.com/best-workplaces/texas/2020?category=large
• 2019 Texan by Nature 20 (TxN 20): https://texanbynature.org/txn20/
??????? • Platinum-level recognition in the 2019 “Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles®” awards, sponsored by the National Business Group on Health (eleventh year to appear on the list and fourth year to receive the Platinum award)
• A 2019 Gold Level Workplace Health Achievement Award by the American Heart Association (4 th year in a row)
• Largest Blue Zones® Project Approved™ Worksite in the nation (2016)
Primary Location: Dallas
Job: RN/Registered Nurse
Organization: Texas Health Dallas 8200 Walnut Hill Ln. TX 75231
Shift: Night Job
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Standard
PI131033611 Per Email 030421