Full-Time Virtual Care Center VCC Data Administrator Texas Health Resources Arlington Texas
Virtual Care Center (VCC) Data Administrator
Texas Health Resources
Texas Health Resources seeks to hire a Virtual Care Center (VCC) Data Administrator to work full time in their Customer Relations Management Department.
The address is 500 East Border Street, Arlington, TX 76010.
Salary range is Minimum $39.29/hr. to Maximum $59.87/hr. – based on relevant experience
Work Schedule: Full Time; 1st Shift
As Virtual Care Center (VCC) Data Administrator on the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) team with Texas Health Virtual Care Center, you will have an integral role in creating and maintaining integrated and contextual experiences on the Salesforce platform that enable meaningful consumer engagements with the Texas Health Virtual Care Center. To accomplish this work, you will collaborate closely with Integrated Experience, Marketing and other internal stakeholders – and external partners as needed – to complete development projects and tasks that fulfill business goals, support VCC objectives and meet consumer expectations. You will also monitor and maintain the performance of certain Salesforce platform components as related to the operations of the Virtual Care Center.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Services, or related field required or 4 years additional relevant work experience in lieu of a degree.
• 5 years’ experience with Bachelor’s degree to include: 3 years of experience with Health Cloud and/or Service Cloud AND 2 years of experience with omnichannel communications. Or
• 9 years’ experience without degree to include: 3 years of experience with Health Cloud and/or Service Cloud And 6 years of experience with omnichannel communications.
• Healthcare industry experience preferred
Licenses and Certifications:
• Salesforce Administrator Certification or Salesforce Developer Certification preferred
• Proficiency with Salesforce (Health Cloud and/or Service Cloud), including both out-of-the-box configurations and customizations via code.
• Experience with integration/middleware platforms such as Mulesoft.
• Ability to trouble shoot and perform performance tuning on all layers of Health Cloud and/or Service Cloud.
• Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve business issues through solution-oriented projects.
• Ability to rapidly learn technical and business concepts.
• Ability to multi-task and perform effectively under pressure.
• Ability to prioritize and escalate customer issues as required.
• Ability to design, maintain, and optimize business processes, as well as integrate business processes across disparate systems.
• Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) practices a plus.
• Excellent communication skills (listening, oral, and written communications); able to convey technical information to nontechnical audience in an understandable way.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights:
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2020 (#15) (6th year in a row)
• Fortune’s list of Best Workplaces in Health Care (#1)
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor (2018 and 2019